ALWAYS GUARANTEED QUALITY
History

"Dnipromlyn" LLC is one of the largest grain processing enterprises in Ukraine.

The company "Dnipromlyn" LLC, previously Order of Lenin "Dnipropetrovsk Plant of Bread Products", is located in the central part of Dnipropetrovsk city.

"Mill on Dnieper" takes its origin from year 1894. The same year the industrialist M.Ya. Fast has started construction of a large mill. The building of mill with project capacity at rate of 300 tons per day has been designed with multiple safety factors for strength of brick walls and production areas.

Already at the construction stage Fast has discovered that he did not have sufficient funds for implementation of an ambitious project. Fast sells the mill in Petrykivka, takes additional loans in public bank in Katerynoslav and continues constructing the mill. However, the most significant obstacle in realization of the planned project was heavy competition of urban mills owners.

Foreseeing the possible losses in case of launching of the new Fast’s mill, all the owners have united in a secret alliance of competitors and made all their efforts to disserve Fast. They have been spreading rumors concerning his bankruptcy and unreasonableness of crediting of this construction, that the construction of this building is unreliable, that breakdowns and destructions are possible. However, notwithstanding being on the verge of bankruptcy, Fast continued the construction.

In 1897 the mill was installed and the commissioning period began. Fast’s competitors have committed sabotage at his mill, in the result of which the flour, manufactured by Fast, was not suitable for sale. Fast had to stop the mill. In 1902 he transfers his mill to an enterprise, exploiting it under the control of his competitors.

In August of year 1928 the decision of USSR People's Commissariat of Trade permitted the construction of high-quality mill in Dnipropetrovsk with capacity at rate of 400 tons/day. In April of 1929 the reconstruction of flour-grinding plant No.1 started. Heavy manual labor has prevailed and the main work tools were shovel and wheelbarrow.

In August of 1930 the first 26 railcars of grain of new crop were accepted at the grain elevator. All the technological equipment, paternosters and screws have been attached to the aspiration networks. Working routine on familiarization with the capacities has started at the mill. It was so successful that by the end of 1931 the daily capacity of the mill on three-sorts grinding already amounted to 500 tons/day, i.e. 200 tons over the projected one. In 1934 the operation of mills was complicated by the lack of sufficient storage capacity for grain and finished products. Grain warehouse for 1 500 tons has been constructed at flour-grinding plant No.2.

The total production capacity of flour grinding plants in 1935 reached 650 tons/day. In 1937 the volume of manufactured products in the plant was at rate of 290 thousand tons, in 1938 – 323thousand tons, in 1939 – 365 thousand tons. In 1940s the plant becomes the largest enterprise in Ukraine, along with the Moscow plant named after Tsyurupa and the Leningrad plant named after Kirov, not only in respect of the parameters of daily capacity, but also of its advanced technology.

Moscow Research Institute of Grain organizes a research laboratory at Dnipropetrovsk plant of bread products for improvement of grain processing technology, as a branch of its institute. Odessa Technological Institute of the flour grinding industry opens a training center and trains students-interns at the plant.

During the war years the building of flour grinding plant No. 3 burned down completely and was not subject to restoration; the building of flour grinding plant No. 2 was not destroyed, yet the technological and electrical equipment required thorough repair. Building of flour grinding plant No. 1 also remained unbroken, but grain cleaning equipment was completely destroyed by fire. By the end of 1946 the main works on restoration of mills and auxiliary workshops of the plant have been completed. Technological and transport equipment was not new, but dismantled from other mills. Part of the equipment was received from Germany as reparations. Animal traction was applied.

The plant in the postwar period when animal traction was still applied, 1952

1953 - 1955 - the production capabilities became greatly strengthened; 60 pieces of equipment have been installed and replaced with new ones during this period. As a result - the plant gets the first place for the 1st quarter of 1955 with investiture of the Red challenge flag of the Kirovskyi district and the district executive committee with attribution of the plant of bread products to the district Board of Honor. Within the following years the capacity of flour grinding plants has been steadily increasing; in 1960 the grain elevator with the capacity of 30 thousand tons was constructed; there were introduced new technological schemes of grain processing at the enterprise; the plant became a leader of domestic flour grinding production. Its products have been delivered not only within Ukraine, but also to Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, African countries and Cuba.

Construction of plant of finished products, 1963

In 1967 the plant was awarded with the "Order of Lenin" for outstanding achievements in labor.

In January of 1976 the construction workers put into operation a new plant with a capacity of 150 tons of macaroni grinding per day; warehouse of finished products at flour grinding plant No. 2 and the boiler in the territory of the plant were built at the same time.

Dismantling of building sand annexes of flour grinding plant No. 2, 1974

In May of 1978 two loading machines were installed at warehouse of flour grinding plants No. 1 and No. 2 and their operation started. Productivity of these machines was 1800 bags per hour. The first stage of technical upgrading of flour grinding plant No. 1 was a stop of a plant in 1989 for 3 months for implementation of technical modernization of grain cleaning section, which was successfully completed at their own funding.

In 1994 two independent sections with planned capacity of 250 tons of grain per day with heating system and air conditioning were put into operation, ensuring stable production and improving working conditions, aesthetics of production and environment. Pump and compressor stations, storage facilities for storing and distribution of products were constructed at the same time. In May 1996 4-storey administrative complex was built, where the household premises and industrial and technological laboratory was situated.

The museum of the plant and honorary stele of memory to the millers was opened in September 1997to the 100th anniversary of the enterprise.

At present the enterprise includes: flour grinding plant No. 1, flour grinding plant No. 2, elevators No. 1 and No. 2, workshop of finished products with a warehouse of unpacked flour storage and packing stations, transport station, electric workshop, steam power plant, mechanical repair workshop, administrative household station, tare station, paramilitary security forces, industrial and technological laboratory, motor transport station, and material warehouse.

Flour grinding plant No. 1 is a 7-storey building, where the grain cleaning, grinding section and pre flour milling warehouse for storage of flour - 405 tons, and bran with total capacity of 340 tons are situated, as well as flour distribution in tare in the amount of 300 tons per day. At the same time the flour grinding plant No. 1, grain cleaning section with the capacity of 660 tons per day and milling section are operating at the warehouse of 3 sections working in parallel with a total productivity at rate of 600 tons of grain and processing grain of soft wheat of the Ukrainian producer to bakery flour of 3 sorts milling.

Flour grinding plant No. 2 is a 5-storey building, where the milling and grain cleaning sections are located, together with warehouse of finished products for storing and distribution of flour in the amount of 1400 tons and bran with a total capacity at rate of 230 tons.

Grain elevator No. 1 of Pre-flour grinding of "М3Х175" type, a monolithic, reinforced concrete structure with a capacity of 14 thousand tons with a double-row location of silos.

Grain elevator No. 2 is Flour grinding reinforced concrete structure with a capacity of 30 thousand tons, 4-rows location of silos.



Elevator № 2

Warehouse of unpacked storage of flour is a 5-storey building, where the premises for unpacked storage and distribution of finished products to the flour cars with the capacity from 8 to 30 tons are located. Packaging sections No. 1 and 3 with packaging equipment for flour packing to the paper bags with net weight of 1; 1.8; 2 and 5 kg are situated in the same building.

Packaging section No. 2 with packaging equipment for packing to one kilogram polypropylene bags of manna croup is located in the premises of flour grinding plant No. 1, as well as semi-automatic machines for packing of flour to the paper bags with net weight of 1; 2; 5 and 10 kg polypropylene bags.

In 2012 the enterprise celebrated 115 years since the day of its establishment. During this time the enterprise has been reconstructed a few times, the modernization has been conducted, the technological and transport equipment has been renewed, and the assortment of released products was modified. All the technical innovations were directed at production of high quality products, the quality of which was confirmed by diplomas and awards.

Gaining of these awards was primarily conducted by laborious and daily work of staff of the enterprise, starting from the acceptance of grain to the distribution of finished products to the consumer.

All the products, manufactured at the enterprise, have "Hygienic conclusions", "Protocols of research of safety indicators". Products meet all the requirements of DSTU, GSTU and technical requirements of Ukraine.

Administration of the enterprise pays considerable attention to social issues. Workers and veterans of the enterprise receive products of the company each quarter, receive financial assistance for rehabilitation, they are provided with health and resort trip tickets, and children are invigorated in pioneer camps.

ru ua en
About